Tuesday 23 June 2015

Chandler Police - Youth Academy

Earlier this month I sent my daughter to the Youth Academy at the Chandler Police Department - she enjoyed it so much! AND....She has already asked to again next year (even though she threatened to have me arrested for forging her signature on the sign-up form).  The Academy was five days, from 9am-4pm where they learned about all aspects of law enforcement. The classes were led by some of the nicest individuals who presented the kids with a side of law enforcement that most people do not see. T-shirt, lunch and snacks all included in the fee. By the way the fee is FREE!

I am still so jealous that I could not do this too (well... actually I signed up for the Citizens Academy - can't wait!). Criminal law, self defense, forensics, the artillery range and K9 training are just a few of the topics they learned by doing hands on activities.



I must thank the Chandler PD for giving their time and talents to the kids and help them see that there is a difference between how law enforcement is portrayed in the media and how they are in real life. They host this four times a year. The local restaurants donate the lunches and a local print shop donates the t-shirts.

Special Thank you to Katie for helping to write this review.
http://chandlerpd.com/youth-academy/

No comments:

Post a Comment