Thursday 16 October 2014

Playing with Fire Level 1


Soldering copper pipe

One of the best parts of being a Girl Scout is the ability to experience and have adventures outside a normal field trip.

Playing with Fire Level 1 was a day of working with pvc pipe, soldering copper pipe and pipe fitting.
The men of AZ Pipe Trades in downtown Phx welcomed a large group of girls and taught them skills that will serve them a lifetime. Until that day I  never knew how to remove a pea drain and clear a clog. My daughter even removed and installed a garbage disposal. My husband has always had our daughter help with maintenance around the house, but now she is able to  lend an experienced voice to the chores.

To say that she is excited for Level 2 is an understatement.  To say that I am enjoying these childhood years with her is also an understatement. I know all too well that one day she will not need or want me to accompany her.




This weblog does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of anyone / any business / any organization. 
It is solely my opinion.This is a personal weblog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and no one else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment