Saturday 7 June 2014

Girl Scout Coca Cola Bottling Factory Tour




Last week I arranged a tour of the Coca Cola bottling facility located on Elliot and I-10. I have been driving past it for many years and finally I felt my girls were old enough to go in.  There is a strict dress code (important to follow) and age limit. The staff and guides could not have been nicer or more helpful and answered all of the questions thrown at them.

For an hour and a half we saw people and robots handling and packaging bottles and cans of soda. Sadly pictures are not allowed inside.  It was a glimpse into Laverne and Shirley's world (...yes they bottled beer and drank Pepsi, but work with me here...) and something everyone enjoyed.

This was certainly a S.T.E.M field trip because of the science and technology needed to keep the plant running and process the amount of cans and bottle they produce every day. I am now working on getting a tour of the plant where they make the bottles and cans.

http://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/coca-cola-facts/coca-cola-history/


No comments:

Post a Comment